Extension

Reaction score
My neighbor intends to build an extension for which he has been granted a planning permission. It is a terraced house thus we share the boundary wall. The maintenance of the boundary wall is my responsibility.However, when I first purchased my property, I noticed that a part of the wall was converted into a conservatory I.e a temp. Structure and I did not raise any issues at that time. Prior to the council granting him the permission, they sent e a letter of advice and to inform them of ay objections that I may have. I responded to them with my concerns such as encroachment of the extension into my property, small windows @2m height facing my kitchen window, loss of light etc. None of this was taken into consideration and their plans got approved.
I feel I have been unfairly treated and whoever has authorized the plans has not really fully understood my concerns. Now his architect wants to see me.
What can I do and what options doihave?
Please help,,,

Reaction score
Party Wall

Have a look at " The Party Wall Act " 1996 on Google to see if this is relevant ... If you mean a " Party Wall " your neighbour requires your consent to build.

handydanny

Ask a Question