Diy ring light, wooden base outer and inner wall help

Reaction score
I have everything figured out but the walls.
I have a opteka x grip camera mount, there's a hole in the top I'll use for mounting the ring light. I bought a 17 3/4 " wooden tabletop, 3/4" thick. I'm going to cut a 13 3/4" circle out of the middle to make it a 4" wide wooden ring. I'm getting mirrored chrome vinyl decal roll for reflecting light. I need to find something that will work as a circular wall around the inside and outside of the ring that extends above the wood by 1 1/2" - 2". I'm going to mount an LED strip on the inner and outer wall facing the mirrored surface and then mount a light diffusion film to the top to help clean up the light. I have figured everything out except what to use as walls.

Attachments

Reaction score
Correction, math was off and had to adjust. 11 3/4" inner circle and it will be 3" wide. I would have edited my post but the edit button obviously disappears after a while.

Reaction score
I had found a thick rubber strip on amazon used for gaskets but the sellers say it's rather floppy. I have seen thin wood bent around in a circle but I didn't know the process of whether it's just a pliable wood or if it's a matter of getting the wood wet so that it becomes more pliable. But if there's a simpler solution, I'd love to know as well.

Reaction score
Nvm, imma post this and figure out how to take this thread down later. I found the solution with a little more online research. Precut kerf plywood.

Ask a Question