briggs 15 hr wont run after tare down

Reaction score
shaft broke at lower seal , so i replaced it, cleaned carbon off, every thing looks good. starts up erratic idle backfires etc. (timing) tare it apart, put back wont start / compression problem? hard to turn over, plug out spins like hell. some one timed it, starts same crap he said carb adjust , fowled plug , new one in put adjustments back to same nothing. back fire is all. still out of time ?or what????? about to burn it down!! //battery is fine and one out of honda civic, and dum a-s broke one ring put it in middle hoping it would b fine

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi zonk
I find it hard to figure out what engine this is from your description. So, if I can take a wild guess that this is on a lawn mower, and I could be very wrong here.
But if by chance I'm right, the blade must be fitted. it sounds odd, but it's weight forms part of the flywheel, without the blade it will just backfire.

Reaction score
sorry, yes mower, but ridding lawn mower, a Dynamark not sure of the year, early 90s 80s like to know. first mower, had to replace both shaft barrings one blow apart probbley the start of the break down. it started but was really ruff and some back fire. thinking of taring the carb apart. first looking at the valves & piston relation before removing the engine AGAIN.......

Ask a Question