Back porch slab

Reaction score
Our house has a back porch under the same roof. We wanted to extend the slab and place an awning on it. We hire a license contractor to do it.

However, the finished slab is pitch towards the house. So every time it rains water runs toward the house and puddles right where the new slab and the existing slab join. The contractor installed a drain in the middle of the slab but is on the highest part of the slab, so it doesn't work. It is been hard to try to get him back, there is a problem with the awning too.

What options do I have to fix this problem? I think that he needs to remove it and replace it.

Any ideas, suggestions will be appreciated.

I attached a picture of the back porch. I don't know if is clear enough to show how the water goes toward the house.

Thank,

Attachments

Reaction score
Hi Fsoza123
I see the problem from your photo. The level is obviously wrong. If there is a drain in the middle, the slab would have to slope to it from all sides, a continuous drain channel might have been a better option.
What to do about it ? Sorry to say, the only thing I can come up with is complete replacement. The existing paving, and grass levels may just need a little thought though.

Ask a Question