Attaching Water Line to Dishwasher Question

Reaction score
Hello,
I am trying to install a Whirlpool dishwasher and have encountered a problem that I can't find the solution for online. The water line is plastic tubing that extends from under the cabinet's wall. I can't access the point of contact with the main water line.

The previous dishwasher was connected to this plastic water line. However, I cannot get the plastic line to adequately attach to the new dishwasher. I put on a compression fitting (3/8in) and attached it, but water shoots out of the back of the fitting. The 3/8 inch sleeve does not fit the plastic piping so I tried using the brass ferrinule. No success. Can anyone recommend a good fitting? Or a trick that I'm not thinking of? Attached is a pic of the red water line connected to my house and the other is a braided line connected to the dishwasher.

Attachments

Reaction score
Hi dascott
I don't recognize that red pipe, so I have to ask - where are you ? Really I wouldn't want to connect an appliance to that pipework, and can only suggest that it be replaced with a more rigid set up including an isolation valve.

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm in Texas. It's a PEX pipe and I'm not a fan of whoever installed it originally because it looks jerry-rigged and is extremely frustrating to work with. To replace the whole thing, we would have to remove a large section of the plaster wall which we don't want to do unless absolutely necessary. Since this is just for the dishwasher, we found a PEX fitting to connect to the braided line. That was successful.

Ask a Question