Attaching Net to Aluminium Frame

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A while back I posted about a pond frame that I had built, which is now fully painted (eventually!). I constructed it from 20mmx20mm aluminium corner which has been painted in an aquatic safe paint. This sits neatly on the slate lip of the pond. Here's a pic of the trim to give an example:

0054549_340.jpg

I was wondering if anyone has a suggestion on a simple way of attaching a pond net to the frame? There are several ways that I have thought of, but none are ideal. If there were rubber coated metal clips (I've not seen any for sale) then that may allow me to attach it easily enough without drilling any holes or using glue. I'd be interested to hear what method you would use :). Each frame panel is approx. 1x1m and the trim sits neatly around the pond edge on 3 sides.

Reaction score
Hi Ian
so you want the frame to be fixed and remove or roll back the net when needed.
Adam

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm happy to have net fixed to the frame - ideally something semi-permanent so that I can replace the net and keep the frame in future if needs be. The frame is assembled and complete, I just need to get the net on it in the best way possible. I've built the frame in two 1x1m parts so that I can lift them out to clean the pond. I'll take some pics when I'm back home so that I can demonstrate what I've got so far :).

Reaction score
Hi Ian
I've been trying to think of something without the need to drill the frame. The best I can think off so far is to 'stitch' the net on. maybe some black nylon thread sort of wound round the frame, and interlocking with the net.
That sounds awful, but done with care, could look OK - maybe !

Reactions: Ian

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It's all done now :). In the end I ended up drilling a series of holes across the top of the frame, then using cable ties to hold the net in place all the way along. Not ideal, but it looks fairly neat in the end :).

Thanks to all for the help and suggestions!

Here's a pic of it complete:

Pond Frame.jpg

Ask a Question