Aluminium tube

Reaction score
I am repairing a fishing rod and I need some 22mm OD and 20 mm ID aluminium tube ie 1mm wall thickness which I think is 20swg. The trouble is everything I can find is thicker wall thickness so less than 20mm ID.
I can find carbon fibre tube to the right dimensions but it is a bit pricey. I could use brass or stainless steel but I have the same problems, I can't find the right OD and ID.

Reaction score
Hi Kevin1996

I think you'll find 22mm copper tube from any DIY or plumbing store will be as near as you can get.

Reaction score
Hi Kevin,
I had the same problem with fixing a fishing rod. I used the top end of an old golf club shaft. You get them in stainless steel and graphite. The graphite version worked for me. The guy at my local golf club gave me one of the millions of off-cuts he had lying around.( The top end of a driver shaft). It was pretty close to 22mm if I remember corectly with very thin walls. Hope this helps.

thediyhubby

Last edited by a moderator:

Ask a Question