A/C system - Condenser Fan - Control

Reaction score
Let us assume a system with a piston metering device and the system is properly charged .. Refrigerant flow , I would think , depends largely on the pressure of the liquid refrigerant leaving the condenser unit . Perhaps , to a lesser degree on the suction pressure of the vaporized refrigerant .

Is this correct ?

If so , assuming the system is properly charged , I would think the pressure of the liquid refrigerant depends largely upon the outdoor air temperature . And to a lesser degree upon the indoor return air temperature ?

Is this correct ?

If so , would energy efficiency and performance of the system be improved by varying the speed of the condenser fan motor , through the use of a variable speed drive , appropriate sensors and microprocessor control of the VFD ?

Is this one of the approaches being used in the higher efficency condensers ?

I would think this would be advantageous with commercial condensers that must run in both warm / hot and cool / cold outdoor air temperatures ?

Thanks ,
Wyr
God bless

Ask a Question